Get ready to take a dive into the unique life of Journalist and Author, Cheryl Stritzel McCarthy! Well spoken and a great writer, you’ll enjoy getting a peak into Cheryl’s childhood and enjoy our conversation on the importance of shaping family culture.
Listen, Subscribe and Share with a Friend:
Apple Podcasts: http://carrierobaina.com/applepodcasts
This Week’s Takeaways
- Today in our society there’s a ton of social upheaval, and sometimes that can be challenging to navigate. Still, I encourage you to keep your own family culture strong, no matter what’s happening outside of your home.
- A husband and wife having a strong partnership with shared goals is important to the health of a family unit.
- Children are more capable than you think. Allow your children to have real work to do, when you expect more out of them, they’re able to show you what they’re capable of.
- Family life is a great learning lab for practicing how to get along as an adult. If our kids learn those lessons well in childhood, it’s setting them up for success to have meaningful relationships in the future.
- Because of the different cultural dynamics in our family, we’ve had to work through different social rituals and find what fits us best. For us, the dinner table is really important so having one meal together at least once a day is a priority. This helps teach my kids to belong, to feel secure, accepted, and safe!
- Cheryl recently wrote a book which is a memoir called, “Many Hands Make Light Work.” She talks about her experiences of growing up in the 50’s and 60’s in a town in the midwest, with 8 siblings and parents who trusted them to work hard. Click here to grab your own copy!
WIN A FREE PRAYERFUL PLANNER:
For the month of November I am teaming with my go-to planner, Prayerful Planner, to give away two planners to one listener of She Walks In Truth. Here’s how you can enter:
1) Subscribe to the She Walks In Truth podcast from wherever it is you listen
2) Screenshot that you’re subscribed
3) Email us the screenshot to email@example.com
That’s it!!! We’ll be drawing two random winners the first week of December!
If you’re just chomping at the bit to get one or give one, just follow this link to save 10%!