There is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic may have you feeling uncertain, uneasy, anxious, worried or scared. You are not alone. On a global level we’re all in this together but how this impacts us individually is completely different.
For some, the financial burden is heavy while for others just trying to stay healthy due to health conditions seems like a great weight to bear. You add these two things on top of schools being closed, working from home or being on the frontlines or sending someone you love to frontlines to fight this thing and it’s no wonder you may feel out of sorts.
How do I know? Because I’ve experienced a gamut of emotions, frustrations and pressures myself.
Our oldest son’s on-campus college got cancelled so we’ve moved him back home. The State of Kansas completely cancelled classes for the remainder of the year and because our local school district was not prepared, up to this point they have pretty much left all of us in the dark. You add family pressures with me running two online business that need to readjust and pivot, sanitizing our home, having two teenage sons whose work is considered “essential” so they’re still working, underlying health conditions for my husband and I that put us at high risk for secondary complications of COVID-19 and pressure for my husband to perform with his corporate job and well, the burden is too heavy for any of us in our humanity to bear.
But, when I take my eyes off my circumstances and place them on the only One who truly help me in time of need, the load seems lighter, I feel like I can breathe and I have assurance that no matter what comes my way, so long as I stay close to my Father, He will help me through.
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” -Matthew 11:18-20
The great news in all of this is that there are already resources in place that can help guide us through this unprecedented moment in our lifetimes. That’s why I have compiled something very special for you!
6 FREE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE COVID-19 CRISIS
1. CHURCHHOME: FREE App with guided prayer, Prayer support, messages on topics like fear, feeling less anxious, increasing confidence, developing gratitude, overcoming pain, finding purpose, improving relationships and MORE!
2. DWELL: A free Scripture listening App designed to put God’s Word directly in your hands and ears. I recommend streaming it on your in-home devices to fill your home with the Word, listen while you walk or as you go to sleep.
3. STREETLIGHTS: Bible App that is a Ministry of Creative Communicators called to intentionally engage global urban culture – primarily youth and young adults – with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by producing, translating, teaching and proclaiming God’s Word so all can understand.
4. YouVersion: The Bible App with the Bible translated into over 60 languages. Subscribe to daily reading plans with devotions. Invite friends to read through a plan with you, It also allows you to easily share Bible passages and images on social media. This is a robust App and also enables you to compare Scripture from different Bible versions for a deeper study of God’s Word.
5. The Chosen: TV show you can watch from the App or watch on your Smart TV. It’s a well-produced series based on The Bible which brings the Scripture to life. The #1 highest crowd-funded media project of all time. It’s free but you can donate.
6. Dr. Caroline Leaf Podcast: Dr. Leaf is a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist. She specializes in mental health and her podcast is an amazing resources and she is releasing episodes relative to the Covid-19 Crisis to help keep keep us mentally healthy.
Of course, don’t forget that during this time I am also releasing new episodes of my faith podcast She Walks In Truth including the recent episode “Hope in the Midst of Crisis” and upcoming episodes including an interview with Author Jennifer Allwood about her timely book, “Fear Is Not the Boss of You.”
And now, let’s close with one of my favorite passages from the Bible.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Much love, joy and peace to you and yours!
Carrie Robaina is a media expert and host of the She Walks In Truth and Dream Builders podcasts. She lives in the Kansas City area with her Uruguayan husband Ricardo and their 3 kids. Connect with her at www.carrierobaina.com or on social media at @carrierobaina.