“Carrie Robaina Unplugged” is a new series of occasional episodes where I share what’s happening in my life, some things I’m working through, and so much more. Join me as I chat about the life changing experience of dropping my son off at college, filled with practical tips and insights gained from that eventful day!
This Week’s Takeaways
- Ethan, my oldest son knew he wanted to attend University of Kansas since he was in 5th grade!
- I was at a loss for words when my husband Ricardo and I finally dropped off Ethan at the University of Kansas. Though tear jerking, it was also a memorable time of starting new traditions for the family.
- If you’re a parent, be encouraged that you can start a new tradition regardless of how old your child is or what transition in life you’re in! Don’t be afraid to capture those precious moments with loved ones, just share with them why it’s important to you and make sure they know in advance what your intentions are.
- It’s important to have conversations with your children transitioning into adulthood, asking if there has been anything in their life that you should apologize and ask forgiveness for. This can really help clear your mind as your child takes off!
- God is a compassionate and loving God. What defines you is who you are in God’s eyes!
- It’s so important to allow yourself to feel all the emotions and to give yourself grace.
Shop Carrie’s Favorites
She Walks In Truth Resources: http://carrierobaina.com/shewalksintruth
Podcasting Gear: http://carrierobaina.com/podcastinggear
Business Tools: http://carrierobaina.com/businesstools
This Week’s Sponsor: Live Well with Carrie Robaina
Grab your FREE Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipes here: www.carrierobaina.com/chocolateshakes
Ask Carrie and Kailey
I am so excited about a new feature I’m adding to the podcast with my content manager called, “Ask Carrie and Kailey.” Every few weeks we are going to answer your questions about faith and life as well as “get to know us” questions too! Whether you have a serious question about faith and life or a goofy question for either of us…ask away. So, I want to know. Do you have a burning question? If so, email email@example.com