Get ready to walk away with tools on how to quiet the chaos of life so you can create room to flourish from my interview with best selling author Rebekah Lyons. She joins me for meaningful chat about life and her new book releasing soon called, “Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose.”
Listen, Subscribe and Share with a Friend:
Apple Podcasts: http://carrierobaina.com/ApplePodcasts
This Week’s Takeaways
- It’s hard to be the church if we aren’t talking about the current tensions of our day. It’s important to make sure the faith we carry as believers makes sense in the times of culture we live in. Whether that be gender, technology, or diversity, as people of God we’ve got to walk straight into it and embrace the tension.
- Several years ago, Rebekah walked through a season of anxiety that turned into a series of panic attacks when she and her family moved to New York City. Rebekah desired to walk in sustained spiritual, emotional, and relational health, and in order to do that, she discovered four new rhythms of everyday life to pursue.
- Our journey with God is active, sometimes we need to literally walk it out.
- Play and control cannot coexist, our control is actually rooted in fear. Allow yourself to discover what having fun can mean by trusting, releasing, and surrendering to God!
- The rhythms of rest, restore, connect, and create are universal to everyone, still they come in different expressions depending on how God has uniquely designed each of us to function.
- If you need peace, offer praise. You can meet those fears with adoration.
- It’s so important to connect with the Holy Spirit! Whether it be creating, resting, needing to forgive, dealing with past hurts, or whatever it is on your heart, communication with God is priceless.
- To purchase “Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose,” click here!
She Walks In Truth Resources: http://carrierobaina.com/shewalksintruth
Podcasting Gear: http://carrierobaina.com/podcastinggear
Business Tools: http://carrierobaina.com/businesstools
Healthy Snacks: http://carrierobaina.com/healthysnacks
Connect with Rebekah Lyons by clicking here.
Ask Carrie and Kailey
I am so excited about a new feature I’m adding to the podcast with my content manager called, “Ask Carrie and Kailey.” Every few weeks we are going to answer your questions about faith and life as well as “get to know us” questions too. Whether you have a serious question about faith and life or a goofy question for either of us…ask away. So, I want to know. Do you have a burning question? If so, send an email to email@example.com.