That little tiny thing in your mouth is extremely powerful and what rolls off of it is something that can be true, kind, and life giving, or something that can cause a whole lot of damage. I prefer the first option, you too? Join me and learn how to spark life with your words on this week’s podcast!
Listen, Subscribe and Share with a Friend:
Apple Podcasts: http://carrierobaina.com/applepodcasts
This Week’s Takeaways
Just because someone may throw shade at you, does not mean you need to join in. We can change the whole atmosphere with what we speak out loud. BE a conversation changer!
- Proverbs 18:21 says, “Words kill, words give life. They’re either poison or fruit, you choose.” We’re encouraged in the word of God to guard our mouth and to guard our tongue.
- Holding your tongue is not only for others benefits but you benefit as well. One way to calm a situation down is by seeking to understand a person rather than assume what their intentions are. Maybe taking a moment to clarify and ask that person to explain how they feel in that particular situation, or to explain their side of things may help.
- Speaking life can look different depending on what means of communication you use. In person communication, text messages, phone calls, and social media comments are all ways we speak. Let’s do our best to spark life in these areas!
- If you find yourself in a difficult conversation that isn’t sparking life, try changing the direction of the conversation or offering to pray for the individual speaking.
- Our standard is the bible, that is our goto source for wisdom when it comes to speaking.
WIN A FREE PRAYERFUL PLANNER:
For the month of November I am teaming with my go-to planner, Prayerful Planner, to give away two planners to one listener of She Walks In Truth. Here’s how you can enter:
1) Subscribe to the She Walks In Truth podcast from wherever it is you listen
2) Screenshot that you’re subscribed
3) Email us the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s it!!! We’ll be drawing two random winners the first week of December!
If you’re just chomping at the bit to get one or give one, just follow this link to save 10%!